Work for Year 8 Students
It is extremely regrettable that school has had to be closed for a number of days now. Please take this opportunity to keep on top of your work and remain focused. Your teachers have put together a list of activities for you to work through. Please get as much done as you can. The list will be updated during the day.
It has been decided that a new tourist destination will be built in Leeds. You need to decide on the attraction that could be built (museum, theme park, work of art).
You must then:
Create a print advert (flyer) or a leaflet for your new destination. This should include key information and make the tourist site seem attractive to visitors.
Write a letter to the local council, persuading them that your new tourist destination would be beneficial to the city and should be built.
There are worksheets attached to the website for you to work through. Students should not necessarily work through every question but find an appropriate entry point based on their understanding – of course there is no problem with attempting every question!!
- Percentage increase and decrease, including multipliers
- Reverse percentage problems
Please see document attached for information
Helpful revision tasks can be found here:
Design several fashion accessories to co- ordinate with your animal hat. This could be gloves, socks, bags. Colour render and annotate your ideas.
Under the Sea
Draw an exotic looking imaginary fish to support your ideas for this unit.
As part of confidence week, students could design a drill for their favourite activity recapping teaching points and technique, the best drills will be selected and commendations will be given.
Keyskills Year 7,8 and 9 pupils-
- Easter Reading Challenge - Reading as many books as possible to reach your target of 20 books read by Easter. Make a note in your planner of the Title, Author, comments and any new words you have learnt to read or define.
- Spelling Keyskills - Practise your weekly spelling list and be ready to get full marks for your Thursday/Friday test.
- Spelling and SPAG - Access Spellodrome online spelling activities at home
- Maths Practise Keyskills
- Maths - practise Maths speed recall online on Mathletics
- Practise your times table recall at www.Mad4Maths.comwww.Mad4Maths.com
Research information on Roundhay Park or Harewood House to create an information report
Year 8- Finish your gadget for your Spy Mission assignment - draw in detail and annotate
- What is CAD/CAM
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of CAD/CAM
- Collect pictures of the different types of CAD and CAM products/machines
- Explain the difference between ferrous, non-ferrous metals and alloys.
- Give examples of different metals and explain what category they are in and what they are used for.
If you have your exercise books at home please complete vocabulary revision. If not, then go on Memrise.com or Quizlet.com and revise from the quizzes there. You will know which topics you have been studying but here is a reminder just in case:
Year 8 - tv programmes/ film genres