Work for Year 7 Students
It is extremely regrettable that school has had to be closed for a number of days now. Please take this opportunity to keep on top of your work and remain focused. Your teachers have put together a list of activities for you to work through. Please get as much done as you can. The list will be updated during the day.
- Complete at least one book review for the form reading competition
- Choose a place that you know well. Write a description of this place in winter and then write a description of this place in spring.
You could describe the scene outside of your house.
There are documents to work through attached to this article. Students should not necessarily work through every question but find an appropriate entry point based on their understanding – of course there is no problem with attempting every question!!
- Equivalent fractions
- Compare and order fractions and decimals
- Change mixed numbers to improper fractions and vice versa
- Fraction of a quantity
Please see attached worksheet
Produce a pattern repeat of your chosen Adinkra design. Design several items for your home that have your pattern repeat on. This could be curtains, cushions, a lampshade. Colour your ideas.
Research and collate a range of bird images to help you develop your ideas for a final piece. Draw/paint a bird to add to your research.
As part of confidence week, students could design a drill for their favourite activity recapping teaching points and technique, the best drills will be selected and commendations will be given.
Keyskills Groups Year 7,8 and 9 pupils-
- Easter Reading Challenge - Reading as many books as possible to reach your target of 20 books read by Easter. Make a note in your planner of the Title, Author, comments and any new words you have learnt to read or define.
- Spelling Keyskills - Practise your weekly spelling list and be ready to get full marks for your Thursday/Friday test.
- Spelling and SPAG - Access Spellodrome online spelling activities at home
- Maths Practise Keyskills
- Maths - practise Maths speed recall online on Mathletics
- Practise your times table recall at www.Mad4Maths.comwww.Mad4Maths.com
Write a poem All About Me- using the techniques you have learnt so far
- Design own earphone tidy
- Research into gadgets
- Research different categories of wood with images and put onto a PP slide/Word doc
- Manufactured woods
- Identify types of products around the home and say what type of wood they are made from
- Research different categories of plastics
- Thermo plastics
- Thermosetting plastics
- Identify types of products around the home and say what type of plastic they are made from
If you have your exercise books at home please complete vocabulary revision. If not, then go on Memrise.com or Quizlet.com and revise from the quizzes there. You will know which topics you have been studying but here is a reminder just in case:
Year 7 - free time activities