Considering a career in teaching?
We are delighted to let you know that you can now train to teach with Lawnswood School.
As a partner within the Red Kite Alliance, our school supports an excellent school-led pathway to train new teachers. Newly accredited as a school centred training provider, Red Kite Teacher Training offers innovative primary and secondary courses, delivered by outstanding practitioners, building on our track record of supporting and bringing new, talented teachers into the profession.
If you are thinking of becoming a teacher and want to get more school experience, you can ask any school within the Alliance for that. We recruit for our training courses continuously throughout the year, and are looking for people who have (or will have) a degree, have a passion for teaching and a desire to inspire young people to fulfil their potential. We are looking for people who have (or will have) a degree, have a passion for teaching and a desire to inspire young people to fulfil their potential.
Some benefits of our one year training programme include:
- Being in school from day one at the very start of term
- A supportive and personalised development programme
- Training led by outstanding practising teachers
- Excellent placement schools
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) awarded by Red Kite Teacher Training
- PGCE awarded by the University of Leeds upon completion of modules providing 60 Masters credits
- 100% of our previous qualified trainees who applied for teaching posts found employment, many within our alliance of schools.
- Up to £30,000 tax-free bursaries and scholarships are available while you train for certain subjects
For information about our available places, the qualification and entry requirements, bursaries and scholarships, please visit the website www.redkitealliance.co.uk/teacher_training. For general information visit www.education.gov.uk/get-into-teaching. If you would like support and guidance on your application or would like to arrange taster days through our school experience programme, please contact the Red Kite Teacher Training team at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are thinking of returning home after university, our training hubs and placement schools are ideally located to allow you to live at home while you train. We hope that, like many of our former trainees, you will then secure employment within our partnership of schools. Graduates of the Red Kite Teacher Training programmes are confident, passionate, knowledgeable and reflective teachers, ready to embark on a rewarding and fulfilling career.
We very much look forward to hearing from you.