Receptionist – Student Reception
Permanent, full time
Payscale: A1/B1 37 hrs/week, term time only plus 10 days (£16,881-£18,672 pro rata, actual salary £14,743-£16,387)
Required from: January 2019
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motived person to work within our busy administrative team.
The successful candidate will predominately be working in our Student Reception, providing an effective and student-friendly first point of contact for students. The successful candidate will work with the admin team to ensure students are directed to the correct advice and guidance or issued with information in a timely manner. They will support in managing the safe entry and exit of students and recording and monitoring attendance. They will provide first aid to students in line with the school’s policies and procedures.
Experience of working in an office environment is essential, along with possessing good IT and communication skills. The successful candidate should hold a first aid certificate or be willing to undertake first aid training.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
To apply please send your completed application (Support staff version) with a covering letter addressed to Mrs J Bell, to email@example.com, or by post to Mrs J Bell, c/o HR Admin, Lawnswood School, Ring Road, West Park, Leeds LS16 5AG.
Closing date: Monday 7 January 2019 at 9.00am
Considering a career in teaching?
We are delighted to let you know that you can now train to teach with Lawnswood School.
Red Kite Teacher Training
As a partner with the Red Kite Alliance, Lawnswood School supports an excellent school-led pathway to train new teachers through Red Kite Teacher Training.
Red Kite Teacher Training offers excellent School-Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) programmes for both Primary and Secondary prospective teachers. In partnership with other schools in the Leeds, Harrogate and surrounding areas, our 1 year course leads to QTS* and PGCE.
Why train with Red Kite?
- A dedicated team of experienced mentors, tutors and subject leaders to fully support you throughout the year,
- The opportunity to train among a nationally recognised partnership of schools and fantastic employment opportunities in our schools after training,
- Full access to facilities at the University of Leeds including their library, sports facilities, support staff and a student card,
- A tax-free bursary up to £28,000 available for certain subject areas.
To find out more;
* The title of this award is subject to change due to an ongoing government consultation at the time of going to press. For the latest information, please visit the Department of Education website