Teacher of Business & ICT
Payscale range: NQT/MPS/UPS
Required from: September 2018
We are looking for a teacher of ICT and Business with talent and ambition to join the Computing and Business department at Lawnswood School.
The successful candidate will teach ICT and Business at GSCE and ‘A’ level, and will have a strong track record of delivering excellent outcomes for all students.
Lawnswood School will offer you a professional challenge and a rewarding opportunity, working within a collaborative team that is passionate about the progress and development of every student. This post offers an excellent opportunity for a candidate with a vision to inspire staff and students in a 21st century learning environment.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equality of opportunity for all and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
To apply, please download the application form (teacher version), and send your completed application with a covering letter (of no more than 2 sides A4) preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to; Mrs J Bell, C/O HR Administrator, Lawnswood School, Ring Road, West Park, Leeds LS16 5AG.
Closing date: 9.00am Friday 11 May 2018
Considering a career in teaching?
We are delighted to let you know that you can now train to teach with Lawnswood School.
Red Kite Teacher Training
As a partner with the Red Kite Alliance, Lawnswood School supports an excellent school-led pathway to train new teachers through Red Kite Teacher Training.
Red Kite Teacher Training offers excellent School-Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) programmes for both Primary and Secondary prospective teachers. In partnership with other schools in the Leeds, Harrogate and surrounding areas, our 1 year course leads to QTS* and PGCE.
Why train with Red Kite?
- A dedicated team of experienced mentors, tutors and subject leaders to fully support you throughout the year,
- The opportunity to train among a nationally recognised partnership of schools and fantastic employment opportunities in our schools after training,
- Full access to facilities at the University of Leeds including their library, sports facilities, support staff and a student card,
- A tax-free bursary up to £28,000 available for certain subject areas.
To find out more;
* The title of this award is subject to change due to an ongoing government consultation at the time of going to press. For the latest information, please visit the Department of Education website