In this section
In Food lessons pupils are taught how to cook and apply the principles of nutrition and healthy eating. We inspire a love of cooking encouraging creativity and experimentation with a wide range of ingredients Our students particularly enjoy our 'hands on' approach to making quality products that they can take home.
We believe Learning how to cook is a crucial life skill that enables pupils to feed themselves and others affordably and well, now and in later life.
- understand and apply the principles of nutrition and health
- cook a repertoire of predominantly savoury dishes so that they are able to feed themselves and others a healthy and varied diet
- become competent in a range of cooking techniques
- selecting and preparing ingredients
- using utensils and electrical equipment
- applying heat in different ways; using awareness of taste, texture and smell to decide how to season dishes and combine ingredients; adapting and using their own recipes
- Understand the source, seasonality and characteristics of a broad range of ingredients.
All our students study Food, in Years 7 and 8 for one third of the year
In Year 9 all the students have the option to extend their ability in Food and can choose to study it for half a year.
In Key Stage 4 we offer AQA GCSE Food preparation and Nutrition
Further information can be found on this website.
Subject leader: Ms S Ellis firstname.lastname@example.org
|VIEW OUR GALLERY >>|