In this section
Aspiring to Oxbridge Talk
We were delighted to invite Fiona Young, Head of Schools to deliver an ‘Aspiring to Oxbridge Talk’ to our year 11 and 12 students.
Fiona, an Oxbridge-educated Consultant led an informative 1-hour workshop to help prepare our aspiring applicants. She guided students and parents to what the admissions tutors are really looking for and how to stand out in the application process.
The session included:
- An overview of what makes Oxbridge different
- Dispelling Oxbridge myths
- What Oxbridge admissions tutors are looking for
- Deciding on the course that is right for you
- Choosing a college
- Wider reading and early preparation
- An overview of the application components, including
- personal statement and admissions tests
- An insight into the Oxbridge interview
- Access schemes
The inspiring and informative event was a great opportunity for our students, allowing them to be more confident in the application process and giving them lots to think about.
Thank you to Fiona and all the parents who attended the workshop. We look forward to receiving the applications for the Access Scheme.